Auto Insurance

It is mandatory for all Kansas drivers to have auto insurance to pay for injuries or damages related to automobile accidents. Whether you are just shopping around for a better rate on your current policy, or a first-time driver in need of a brand new policy, Agency Associates works with only the nation’s top insurance providers to ensure you get the coverage you need at a great rate.
Whether you are in Kansas City, Overland Park, or Shawnee, you must hold minimum levels of liability coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, and personal injury protection (PIP). Liability insurance will help to pay for costs associated with damages and injuries to other parties if you were to cause an accident. Not every driver abides by the law and has proper auto insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage will help pay for damages or injuries that you suffer if you happen to be involved in an accident with a driver who does not have auto insurance or who has inadequate levels of coverage.
Kansas is a no-fault state meaning that regardless of who is at fault in an auto accident, your personal injury protection coverage will take care of your injuries before other types of coverage take effect. Let’s take a look at the minimum levels of coverage required by Kansas insurance law. 

Minimum Kansas Auto Insurance Coverage

Liability Coverage:
  • $25,000 for bodily injury per person
  • $50,000 for bodily injury if multiple individuals are hurt
  • $10,000 for property damage
 Personal Injury Protection:
  • $4,500 per person for medical costs
  • $4,500 for rehabilitation
  • $900 per month for a year for disability and loss of income
  • $25 per day for in-home services
  • $2,500 for funeral or cremation services
 Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage:
  • $25,000 for bodily injury per person
  • $50,000 for bodily injury if multiple individuals in your vehicle are hurt
Keep in mind that these are just the minimum requirements and you may wish to further protect both you and your vehicle. Higher limits are available for these mandatory types of coverage and optional coverage can be added as well. Some optional coverage you may want to consider includes collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, roadside assistance/towing coverage, rental car coverage, loan/lease gap coverage, and more. The two most common policy additions are collision and comprehensive coverage, both of which will provide additional protection for your vehicle.
Mandatory coverages are designed to pay for injuries or damage to another person’s property, but not your own vehicle. Collision coverage will help pay for damage you were to cause to your own vehicle. It is not uncommon for your bank or lender to require that you purchase collision coverage if you have financed or leased a vehicle. Financially, it may make sense to cancel collision coverage on older vehicles that have depreciated significantly.

Comprehensive coverage will take care of damage to your vehicle caused by external factors. This would include damage from various events including vandalism, fire, theft, natural disaster, and similar non-collision related damage.   
It is our goal at Agency Associates to help you find an affordable policy that meets all of your coverage needs. Contact us today for a free quote or you may use our Auto Insurance Tool to get started as well!

Return to Content Pages